The DiscouNNtExtensi is a potentially unwanted program that is quite irritating while surfing on the web. Once this malicious application is entered in the computer secretly, and start performing a number of harmful activities. This program installed automatically without any kind of administrative permission. The DiscouNNtExtensi can sneak into the system while downloading spam email attachments, visiting porn websites, p2p sharing, and infected removable devices. Once this program installed on the system, it starts automatically every time you open the computers because it creates fake startup keys in the windows registry. The hackers developed this nasty infection with the clear objective of extracting the money from the pockets of the innocent computer users. This malicious application performs its harmful activities secretly without letting you know due to which it is extremely hard for the user to know about the presence of this unwanted program. Besides above mentioned symptoms, you will also notice that the speed of the system is affected badly because of the presence of this virus.
Removal of DiscouNNtExtensi
Once it becomes obvious that the system is under attack by the DiscouNNtExtensi infection, you have to decide quickly what methods you want to use to remove this virus. There are a number of automatic removal tools available to delete this infection completely from your system within not time. Besides that, there is a manual removal method also available in this regard. The manual removal instructions are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the instructions of the manual removal process of this virus, you need to boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the machine, and access the boot options by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to access the windows task manager, by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following processes associated with the DiscouNNtExtensi, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After killing the associated processes of this infection, you have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the DiscouNNtExtensi by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal will be completed once you clean the windows registry. In this regard, you have to execute the Regedit command through Run option from the Start menu. Delete the following malicious entries associated with the DiscouNNtExtensi after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi\DisplayName DiscouNNtExtensi
Reboot the computer in the normal mode, update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan through that updated version of the antivirus program.