The Dirtjumper is a nasty Trojan that is developed recently by notorious cyber criminals to perform destructive activities on the computers using all the versions of the windows operating system. The main channel of distributing this lethal Trojan is through spam email attachments; however, you can also get this virus while visiting malicious websites, or peer to peer sharing of files. Once this malicious Trojan enters in the system, it immediately connects the system to a remote server managed by the developers of this virus without your consent. The hackers use this virus for different purposes, but the most common reason of spreading this virus has generated traffic on the affiliate sites, and earn money through pay per click schemes. There are some antivirus available through which you can detect this nasty Trojan, but none of these antivirus is able to remove this virus completely. Besides redirecting your web searches to the strange websites, it also makes your system super slow by eating most of the system resources.
Removal of Dirtjumper
Once the Dirtjumper is found on the system, you have to remove this virus as early as possible. The most convenient method of removing this nasty Trojan is by using the automatic removal tools. The manual removal process is also available in this regard, which is extremely complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start manual removal as long as your computer is running in the normal mode; therefore, you have to access the safe mode. In this regard, you are required to restart the computer, and open the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this complicated process, you have to end the processes associated with the Dirtjumper Trojan virus. Access the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the processes tab to delete the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and get rid of the following associated files of the Dirtjumper Trojan infection by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You In the end, you have to clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries associated with this dangerous Trojan virus. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box. You have to remove the following corrupt entries one by one after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dirtjumper\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dirtjumper\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dirtjumper\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dirtjumper\DisplayName Dirtjumper
Restart the computer after closing the registry editor to see the success or failure of the manual removal efforts, and do not forget to run a complete system scan.