The Diggerview.com is a tricky computer infection that is categorized as a redirect virus. Once installed on any computer, the Diggerview.com redirects all the searches and efforts to open the websites towards its own domain that is Diggerview.com. Once installed, the Diggerview.com modifies a number of changes in your computer in order to start itself automatically and remain resident for long. As soon as it settled down in the system, it starts altering the windows registry, DNS settings, and other crucial internet settings on your PC. This malicious computer virus is also acting like a browser hijacker as it takes complete control of your browsing activities, and changes your home page, desktop background, and default search engine. The notorious hackers use the spam emails with attractive titles to spread this lethal redirect virus. Besides that, you can also get infected by visiting a compromised website.This deadly dangerous redirect virus plus browser hijacker can affect any type of browser including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
The Manual Removal of Diggerview.com
Once you have detected the Diggerview.com on any computer, you have to ensure the quick removal of this redirect virus in order to secure your resources as well as data. If you are confident enough that you can remove this virus manually, you have to follow the instructions mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The manual removal process actually starts after operating your system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode of operation. In this regard, reboot the computer, and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press the Enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you are able to operate your computer in the safe mode, you need to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab. Delete the following associated processes of this virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the malicious processes, you have to delete the following associated data from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final and utmost important step of this manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries. You can access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, choosing Run, and write “RegEdit” before hitting the enter key. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diggerview.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diggerview.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diggerview.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diggerview.com\DisplayName Diggerview.com
Once done with the above mentioned steps, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. You are required to run a complete system scan with the help of the updated version of the antivirus program to fix the infections or errors caused by this malicious redirect virus.