The Diamondata infection is a lethal computer infection that attacks all the versions of the windows operating system. Once entered in the computer secretly, the Diamondata infection can hide itself deep in the roots of the system files, and easily replicate itself. The Diamondata virus sneaks in the computer when you download a freeware, live streaming, or download PDF creators. The Diamondata infection is categorized as a lethal browser hijacker that is developed by the hackers to control the browsing activities of the targeted users. Once this malicious application enters in your PC, the performance goes downwards, and you are unable to access some of the important system utilities. The Diamondata virus modifies the internet, and browser settings of the infected computer immediately after settling down inside the computer. Besides that, this browser hijacker flooded the screen with the annoying pop-up ads.
The Manual Removal of Diamondata
Once it is confirmed that the Diamondata virus is available in your PC you have to delete this virus effectively. There are automatic removal tools available through which you can get rid of this infection within just a few minutes. The manual removal of this virus is also possible, and following are the instructions for the manual removal of the Diamondata virus:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
To start the system in the safe mode you have to restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to open the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this complicated manual removal method is the killing of the associated processes of this lethal browser hijacker. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager and select the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Diamondata infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated process, the next task is getting rid of the associated files of the Diamondata virus. Open the file explorer and delete the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you rectify the errors in the windows registry. The changes in the windows registry can be done through the registry editor, and in this regard, you have to run the RegEdit.exe command through the Start menu to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diamondata\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diamondata\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diamondata\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Diamondata\DisplayName Diamondata
Restart the system to check the success of the manual removal method. Run a complete system scan with an updated version of the current antivirus software.