The dfs.pathdone.net is a lethal browser hijacker that present itself as a legitimate toolbar for your web browser. The dfs.pathdone.net immediately modifies the default system settings after invading any computer without getting the consent of the user. This malicious application distributed through the spam email campaigns, social media links, visiting compromised web pages, and p2p sharing of files. This deadly dangerous browser hijacker can by pass the most powerful antivirus program, and it is almost impossible to detect or remove this infection through these traditional security tools. Keep in mind that this malicious application is nothing more than a scam that is designed to trap the innocent users. The objective of the developers is to steal the most important confidential data of the targeted users like bank account credentials, payment history, payment prefrencesm credit card details, and browsing history. When you try to search anything, you will be directed towards unknown websites where you can easily get the additional infections. The dfs.pathdone.net hides itself wisely and keep changing the names as well as locations to avoid the detection.
The Manual Removal of dfs.pathdone.net
After making sure that the dfs.pathdone.net virus is present inside your PC, you need to find a trusted method of delete this browser hijacker. You can do this job by using the instructions of manual removal, or by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal method of the dfs.pathdone.net virus is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the infected PC to terminate the normal mode, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options while the system is being restarted. Once you are able to see the the boot options menu on your screen, select the safe mode option to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to delete the malicious processes associated with the dfs.pathdone.net virus. You can see the list of processes under the processes tab in the task manager window. You must remove the following associated processes of this browser hijacker:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes of this infection, you have to find as well as delete the following associated data of the dfs.pathdone.net browser hijacker from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. You must remove the following corrupt entries associated with the dfs.pathdone.net browser hijacker once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dfs.pathdone.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dfs.pathdone.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dfs.pathdone.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dfs.pathdone.net\DisplayName dfs.pathdone.net
Reboot the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus.