The Delivery67.com is a lethal computer infection that is classified as a browser hijacker, and can infect all the major browsers, including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Once the Delivery67.com arrives in the system, it immediately modifies the home page, and default search provider without getting your consent. The nasty browser hijacker is developed by the notorious cyber criminals with the clear intention to gain the commercial benefits by trapping the users in a scam. It is not easy to detect such advanced level infection in the initial phase. This malicious application keeps redirecting all your searches towards pre defined websites. This is a tool used by the hackers to generate traffic to the affiliate sites, and make commissions from the pay per click programs. Besides above mentioned symptoms, the Delivery67.com virus also records your online activity, and use this information in stealing your money.
Removal of Delivery67.com
After receiving the Delivery67.com infection in your system, you have to remove this malicious application effectively, and at your earliest. There are automatic as well as manual removal methods available in this regard. This manual process is a difficult for the novice users, and only recommended to the experienced computer users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to start the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. Restart the infected PC and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Once you are able to access the boot options, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to open the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. In the task manager window you have to click on the Processes tab, where you have to kill the following malicious processes associated with the Delivery67.com by using the “End Process“ button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of the manual removal process is the removal of the associated data of this browser hijacker. You have to get rid of the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Delivery67.com Pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\Delivery67.com Pop-up\Delivery67.com Pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries created by this nasty browser hijacker. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Delivery67.com before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Delivery67.com Pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Delivery67.com Pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Delivery67.com Pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Delivery67.com Pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Delivery67.com Pop-up\DisplayName Delivery67.com Pop-up
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to reboot the computer in the normal mode to check whether the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program.