The Delete Search.ivdi.org is a malicious application categorized as a lethal browser hijacker, and designed by the international hackers to infect the windows based platforms. Once installed, the Delete Search.ivdi.org virus blocks your default search engine completely, and all your searches will be redirected towards the Delete Search.ivdi.org website. The virus is used by the hackers to send the coupons, product reviews, and special discounted offers automatically to the infected system. Whenever you click on these ads, the hacker will get financial benefit through affiliate websites. It is impossible to detect or remove this advanced level threat through normal antivirus program as it is developed wisely. Once installed, it modified most of the system settings in order to remain resident in the system for the longer period of time. It pretends to be a genuine search engine, but actually this is a serious threat to your data, and system resources.
The Manual Removal of Delete Search.ivdi.org
Once this malicious browser hijacker comes inside the system, you have to remove it as soon as possible. You can get rid of the Delete Search.ivdi.org virus manually as well as automatically, and both methods have their own advantages. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of this malicious application:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. Restart the PC and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your PC, select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the associated process. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager. After accessing the task manager, click on the process tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. You have to end the following associated processes of this browser hijacker:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the malicious processes successfully, you need to delete the following files related to the Delete Search.ivdi.org infection from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Delete Search.ivdi.org.lnk
- %Programs%\ Delete Search.ivdi.org \ Delete Search.ivdi.org.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal will be completed when you remove the corrupt entries added by the Delete Search.ivdi.org infection in the registry section of your windows operating system. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit.exe command through the Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Delete Search.ivdi.org \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Delete Search.ivdi.org
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Delete Search.ivdi.org \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Delete Search.ivdi.org \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Delete Search.ivdi.org \DisplayName Delete Search.ivdi.org
Reboot the system normally to see the effectiveness of the manual removal efforts, and run a system scan through your antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic DELETE SEARCH.IVDI.ORG Removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download DELETE SEARCH.IVDI.ORG Removal Tool to automatically remove DELETE SEARCH.IVDI.ORG.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the DELETE SEARCH.IVDI.ORG,do submit your comments to get clarified.