The Default-Search.net Redirect Virus is very similar to linkeyproject.com redirect virus and a nasty computer infection that is categorized as a redirect virus. This malicious application is designed exclusively to infect the windows based systems, and it can infect all the versions of windows operating system including the Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. The Default-Search.net Redirect Virus attacks the system while visiting porn websites, spam emails, peer to peer sharing of files, sharing resources with other computers on same network, and external media devices. Once this nasty redirect virus invades the system, it blocks your access to security website, disables your windows firewall, creates corrupt entries in the windows registry, and gives remote access of your data to the cyber crooks. The hackers use this malicious application to steal your confidential financial details including the credit card information, bank account details, and passwords. All your searching efforts will be redirected towards phishing websites for commercial purpose.
Removal of Default-Search.net Redirect Virus
As soon as you realize the presence of the Default-Search.net Redirect Virus in your computer, you have to decide how you want to remove this infection. There are some powerful automatic tools available through which you can get rid of this infection with extreme ease, besides that, you can also use the manual removal method in this regard which not only complicated but also time taking, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the machine to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and as soon as the task manager window appeared on the screen, click on the Processes tab where you have to kill the following malicious processes associated with the Default-Search.net Redirect Virus by using the “End Process“ button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is removal of the associated data. Following are the suspicious files hidden in the system files folder that you have to remove by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, delete the following entries associated with this nasty redirect virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Default-Search.net Redirect Virus\DisplayName Default-Search.net Redirect Virus
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to check if the virus is removed successfully. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic DEFAULT-SEARCH.NET REDIRECT VIRUS removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download DEFAULT-SEARCH.NET REDIRECT VIRUS Removal Tool to automatically remove DEFAULT-SEARCH.NET REDIRECT VIRUS and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the DEFAULT-SEARCH.NET REDIRECT VIRUS,do submit your comments to get clarified.