The Deal Finder popup is a malicious application belongs from the adware family of computer worms, and always installed on your default browser as a browser extension. It can infect all the popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and others. Once this malicious adware able to infiltrate into the system, it shows the fake security alerts, coupon deals, discounted offers, and sponsored links. It presents itself as a legitimate application that is designed to help users finding the perfect deals for online shopping. However, in reality, this is a malicious application that is designed, and distributed by the hackers to promote some low ranked websites, make commissions from the affiliate sales, and earn money from the pay per click programs. Besides that, some notorious hackers also use this virus to steal the money of the targeted users by accessing their financial details.
Removal of Deal Finder popup
The Deal Finder popup is considered as an extremely dangerous adware that should be removed from the system completely to protect the system resources. This malicious application can be removed automatically by selecting a reliable automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available which is complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot access the task manager, and registry editor by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to operate the system in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
The next things is, remove the associated processes of this adware infection. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window. You have to find, as well as remove the following corrupt processes, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of processes from the task manager, you have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Deal Finder popup:-
- %Desktopdir%\Deal Finder virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Deal Finder virus\Deal Finder virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Complete the manual removal process, by eradicating the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK”. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Deal Finder popup:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deal Finder virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deal Finder virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deal Finder virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deal Finder virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deal Finder virus\DisplayName Deal Finder virus
Reboot the machine in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus.