The Dansk Rigspolitiet is a recently discovered computer virus categorized as a ransomware application. The Dansk Rigspolitiet spreads through unsafe browsing or downloading freeware. Once installed, this ransomware blocks your access to your desktop, and you will be asked to pay a certain amount of fine as a ransom as you are allegedly involved in an illegal activity like child pornography or violation of copyright laws. You have to keep in mind that this is a fake message that has nothing to do with the legal issues. Even if you pay the ransom amount, your PC will never unlocked by the hackers. Instead of that you will lose your hard earned money along with the precious personal details like name, credit card numbers, and passwords. The hackers use these confidential details in making money through frauds and other cyber crimes. This malicious ransomware application cannot be detected or removed through any of your traditional antivirus program as the developers use the advanced level coding.
The Manual Removal of Dansk Rigspolitiet
You have to take immediate steps to get rid of the Dansk Rigspolitiet ransomware infection once it is found inside your hard drive. There are manual as well as automatic options available to get rid of this rogue application. The manual removal instructions are detailed as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options screen is visible, select the safe mode option from the available list, and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is restarted in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes of the Dansk Rigspolitiet by accessing the windows task manager. Once the task manager window is accessed, you have to click on the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes running the background of your machine. You must remove the following malicious processes associated with this ransomware application:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes of this threat, you have to open the file explorer and remove the following associated files from the system files folder immediately by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware.lnk
- %Programs%\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select “Run”, and write “regedit.exe” before pressing the “OK” button. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following malicious entries that are associated with the Dansk Rigspolitiet virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware\DisplayName Dansk Rigspolitiet’ Ransomware
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of manual removal efforts after closing the registry editor.