The Dale Toolbar is a lethal computer virus that belongs from the toolbar family of viruses. This malicious application sneaks in the computer when you try to download freeware from he untrusted sources, perform unsafe browsing, open spam email attachments, sharing the resources with other computers on the same network, and p2p file transfer. Once it enters successfully within the computer, it immediately changes some crucial settings in your computer to threaten your privacy as well as modified the windows registry. This malicious application has the ability to replicate itself, and keep changing the location as well as names. Once installed, the Dale Toolbar becomes a serious threat to the security of your PC as it disable your antivirus, and changes the windows firewall due to which you can easily get infected from the other viruses. This is a high risk threat for your data as well as resources that can make your PC completely useless if not removed quickly.
The Manual Removal of Dale Toolbar
The Dale Toolbar can be removed manually as well as automatically. Both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. The automatic removal is performed through tools that can easily remove this virus from your system in a way that it will not return. On the other hand, the manual removal is very difficult that only recommended for the experienced computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the infected computer and use the F8 key while the computer is rebooting to get the access of the boot options. When you can see the list of boot options on your screen you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
In order to kill the associated processes of the Dale Toolbar, you have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to access the task manager, click the processes tab and remove the following malicious processes associated with this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the system files folder and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key :-
- %Desktopdir%\Dale Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Dale Toolbar\Dale Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal cannot be completed unless you do not take care of your windows registry to reverse the modifications made by the Dale Toolbar. Open the start menu, select “Run”, and type “RegEdit” in the box to get the access of the registry editor. With the help of registry editor, you can remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dale Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dale Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dale Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dale Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dale Toolbar\DisplayName Dale Toolbar
To see the success of manual removal process, you have to restart the computer once again in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan on your PC after updating your current antivirus program.