The Cryptolocker Ransomware is a serious threat to your computer that sneaks in the hard drive of your system without providing any prior information. The Cryptolocker Ransomware is classified as a ransomware infection that locks your computer and ask you to pay a certain amount as ransom to unlock the system. Mostly they blame you that you are involved in any violation of law. The Cryptolocker Ransomware attacks the system while opening spam email attachments, unsafe browsing, and clicking the malicious link on the social websites. After locking your system, you will receive a message on the screen of your system to pay 100 euros or 100 USD to unlock it. You must keep in mind that this is a total scam which is wisely designed by the cyber crooks to trap the users, and take their money away along with the important financial information that you provide to the hackers while paying the so called fine.
Removal of Cryptolocker Ransomware
As soon as you are able to confirm the availability of the Cryptolocker Ransomware inside your system, you have to realize the seriousness of the issue and remove it as quickly as possible instead of paying the ransom. The automatic method is easy, and convenient for the novice computer users; however, the manual removal is a bit complicated and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to boot the computer in the safe mode before going through the steps of the manual removal process. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options menu. Choose the safe mode option from the list, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode of your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you started the system successfully in the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of the Cryptolocker Ransomware. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following suspicious processes by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through file explorer, and remove the following files associated with the Cryptolocker Ransomware infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\CryptoLocker Ransomware.lnk
- %Programs%\CryptoLocker Ransomware\CryptoLocker Ransomware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is cleaning the windows registry. Access the registry editor by running the “regedit” command through the start menu, and remove the following associated entries of the Cryptolocker Ransomware before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CryptoLocker Ransomware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CryptoLocker Ransomware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CryptoLocker Ransomware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CryptoLocker Ransomware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CryptoLocker Ransomware\DisplayName CryptoLocker Ransomware
Reboot the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through the updated version of any reliable antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Cryptolocker Ransomware removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Cryptolocker Ransomware Removal Tool to automatically remove Cryptolocker Ransomware and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Cryptolocker Ransomware,do submit your comments to get clarified.