The CrossReader pop-ups is a malicious application categorized as an adware that is specifically designed to hijack the web browsers on the targeted computers, and steal the confidential details of the user. After entering into a computer, the CrossReader pop-ups degrade the speed of the browsing, and gain the commercial benefits by using illegal as well as unethical methods. This malicious application infiltrates in the computer while installing pirated software, using illegal file sharing networks, infected media devices, and outdated antivirus tools. This adware program uses the loopholes in the operating system to destroy the security related application, and it also blocks your access to some important system utilities. This adware program dictates its terms while surfing on the web, and track your online activities. You will notice that the system becomes instable because of this virus, and crashes without any reason too often. It is a resource eater that eats a high percentage of CPU resources, and puts too much load on the computer to degrade the performance of the system.
Removal of CrossReader pop-ups
Once the system shows the symptoms of the CrossReader pop-ups virus, you have to confirm its presence before executing the removal process of this adware infection. You can use the automatic tools to delete this virus from the system completely. The manual removal of this virus is also possible, but only recommended for the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can execute the instructions of manual removal after accessing the safe mode on your computer. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options from where you have to select the safe mode and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the processes tab to see a list of processes on your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the CrossReader pop-ups before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the associated processes removal, you have to get rid of the following associated files of the CrossReader pop-ups from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\CrossReader pop-ups.lnk
- %Programs%\CrossReader pop-ups\CrossReader pop-ups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the associated registry entries created by this adware program. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Delete the following suspicious entries as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrossReader pop-ups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrossReader pop-ups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrossReader pop-ups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrossReader pop-ups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrossReader pop-ups\DisplayName CrossReader pop-ups
In the end, do not forget to check the success of this process by rebooting the system in the normal mode. Run a system scan through any updated antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this virus.