The CrimeBoss Exploit Kit is newly discovered malicious application that is categorized as an adware and secretly attacks the windows based computers. Once enters into the computer, it denies the access completely to your computer, and you are unable to perform any of the tasks on the system . The CrimeBoss Exploit Kit changes the crucial settings on the system like browser settings, and install a malicious toolbar to the computer. Besides that, this deadly dangerous application can harm important folders after settling down deeply into the roots of the system files. As an adware, the primary function of the CrimeBoss Exploit Kit virus is to display annoying pop-up ads, and redirect all your searches towards unknown websites. This adware infection often brings a number of additional infections to the system by changing the security settings.
The Manual Removal of CrimeBoss Exploit Kit
After knowing that the system is under attack by the CrimeBoss Exploit Kit virus, you have to leave everything and remove this adware at your earliest. The removal can be done either manually or with the help of any reliable automatic tool. The instructions for manual removal of this adware are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to start your PC in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. You can do this by simply restarting the system, and use the F8 key to access the boot options. Once the options screen shown on the system, you have to select the Safe Mode and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of malicious associated processes of the CrimeBoss Exploit Kit virus. Open the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and click the processes tab to see the list of running processes in your system. You have to remove the following malicious processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are also required to remove the associated data files of the CrimeBoss Exploit Kit virus. Following are some of the suspicious files that you have to remove:-
- %Desktopdir%\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit.lnk
- %Programs%\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry section, you have to access the registry editor by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following malicious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrimeBoss Exploit Kit\DisplayName CrimeBoss Exploit Kit
Reboot the computer again but this time in the normal mode, to check the result of the manual removal process. You have to run a complete system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus program.