The CrazyScore is a dangerous computer program that falls in the category of the adwar infections. The CrazyScore always attacks the systems without providing any prior hint to the users and recently this adware is responsible of infecting thousands of computers all over the world. There are a number of ways through which this virus can enter in the systems but the most common method used by the hackers is spam email attachments. Once this dangerous adware able to enter in the systems, it makes the browsing extremely slow and gradually it stops the browsing activity completely. This adware is also known as a resource eater and consume a high percentage of system resources which results in frequent system errors. You will find a new default browser window and several unknown toolbars on the main interface of your browser. Several unwanted pop-up ads appears on the screen when you opens a new browser tab. It is responsible of disabling your antivirus, task manager, and registry editor without your permission.
Removal of CrazyScore
This malicious application should be removed as quickly as possible to reduce the level of damage. You can delete this virus by using any reliable automatic removal tool that is easily available. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also available that is extremely complicated. The instructions of the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
You canot execute the instructions of the manual removal method by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Once you are able to see the list, select the safe mode, and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes. Remove the following associated processes of the CrazyScore before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the associated processes, you have to remove the associated data. Remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to remove the modifications made by this adware infection in the windows registry. Access to the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit.exe in the box to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrazyScore\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrazyScore\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrazyScore\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CrazyScore\DisplayName CrazyScore
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.