The CouponAmazing is nasty computer virus categorized as an adware, and invades the windows based computers without any prior information. This malicious virus present itself as a helpful application that provides you the information about different coupon deals, and free coupon codes. They also claim that you will get discounted offers on the different popular shopping websites, but in reality, there is nothing like that. This lethal adware is a tool of the notorious cyber criminals who use it to display annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected machine for purely commercial reasons, and generate huge revenue by promoting affiliate products as well as generating traffic on these affiliate sites. Besides that, the CouponAmazing is capable of stealing your confidential financial details, and the hackers use these details for the fraudulent purposes. Once installed on any computer, this nasty adware can damage the system in many different ways, and keep performing its harmful activities till you don’t remove it. The speed of the system is also affected badly because of this infection which is quite annoying.
The Manual Removal of CouponAmazing
Once this malicious adware program enters in your PC, you have to confirm its presence, and start removing it through an effective removal process. The automatic removal method is easy, and convenient especially for the novice users. On the other hand, the manual removal is complicated which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal method cannot go underway by remaining in the normal mode of operation. Reboot the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options menu. After accessing the list of boot options, you have to select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you have successfully operated the system in the safe mode, you can proceed to next step of this process which is removal of the associated data. You are required to access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Click on the processes tab in the task manager window, and remove the following associated processes of this lethal adware program:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to open the file explorer, open the system files folder, and delete the following associated files of the CouponAmazing:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this manual removal process you have to deal with the malicious entries created by the CouponAmazing infection in the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Remove the following entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CouponAmazing\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CouponAmazing\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CouponAmazing\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CouponAmazing\DisplayName CouponAmazing
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan.