The Coupon Slider Browser Add-On is a tricky browser hijacker which is installed on the windows based computers as a browser add-on. Once installed, this dangerous application changes all the settings of the browser without the consent of the user. The purpose of these modifications is to provide complete remote access of the system to the notorious hackers who then use this access to record your online activity, and steal your confidential data. Like all other stubborn browser hijackers, the Coupon Slider Browser Add-On also changes your home page, default browser, and desktop background. Once installed,, it will redirect all your searches towards phishing websites where you are encouraged to buy products from the unknown publishers. By utilizing most of the computer resources, this malicious browser hijacker makes your browsing extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of Coupon Slider Browser Add-On
Once this malicious browser hijacker installed on the windows based computers, the most important task for the users is to get rid of this virus immediately by using any reliable automatic tool. If you are a computer professional or an advanced level computer user, you can also remove this virus manually. The manual removal method is detailed below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Terminate the normal mode of the infected computer by restarting it, and use F8 key to access the boot options menu where you have to select the safe mode to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the operating mode of the infected computer changed to the safe mode, you can now delete the associated processes created by this malicious application. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab, here you can see a list of running processes. Immediately remove the malicious processes mentioned below:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After getting rid of the corrupt processes, you also need to remove the files that are created by the Coupon Slider Browser Add-On. Open the file explorer to locate the following suspicious files in the system files folder and delete them immediately:-
- %Desktopdir%\Coupon Slider Browser Add-On.lnk
- %Programs%\Coupon Slider Browser Add-On /Flow.aspx \Coupon Slider Browser Add-On.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process considered as completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the entries created by this tricky adware. The registry editor can be accessed through RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, you have to find and delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Coupon Slider Browser Add-On \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Coupon Slider Browser Add-On
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Coupon Slider Browser Add-On \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Coupon Slider Browser Add-On \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Coupon Slider Browser Add- \DisplayName Coupon Slider Browser Add-On
When all the above mentioned steps are completed as they are described above, you have to restart the computer in the normal mode, update the current antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.