The Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware is a malicious application which comes under the category of adware viruses. As the name says, this adware is used to run numerous pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer. These ads are designed to encourage you to participate in some online surveys, which is actually a trap that is used to modify the settings of your computer. These settings include the DNS settings, home page of your browser, and default search engine. These surveys are actually aimed to gather your information which is then used for the online frauds and criminal purposes by these online criminals. It has the ability to change the security settings of your computer to make your system vulnerable for other similar threats. In order to minimize the damage caused by the Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware, you need to remove it quickly once it is detected on your PC.
Manual Removal of Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware
The manual removal of Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware is possible but too complicated for the novice users. This involves finding and deleting the malicious associated processes, corrupt files, and associated registry entries which is a tough job even for the advanced level computer users. The manual removal method consists of the following steps:-
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do to get rid of the Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware is restart the computer in safe mode. This is not as difficult as you just need to restart the computer and press F8 button to see the boot menu where you have to select the safe mode option and hit the Enter button.
Kill the Associated Process
Once the computer is rebooted in safe mode, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab to find and delete the following malicious processes associated with the Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
After killing the malicious processes, you have to find as well as delete the following associated files and folders of this dangerous Virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware.lnk
- %Programs%\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups
Delete Associated Registry Entries
Once you are done with the files and folders, you need to clean the windows registry by starting the registry editor through “Regedit” command. Once the registry editor is started, you have to navigate to the following associated registry entries related to the Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware. You have to delete these entries after finding them:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware\DisplayName Clubpaingwin Pop-Ups Adware
When you are done with the removal of above mentioned registry entries successfully, you need to close the registry editor, and start the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal method.