The ClixSense.com Customized Web Search is a popular computer virus as it infects thousands of windows based platforms recently in the different parts of the world. It is actually famous for diverting the searching efforts of the users while they perform web surfing. This malicious application modify the browser settings completely to take the complete control of your browsing activity, and manipulate the search results. You can get this infection while performing unsafe browsing, downloading freeware from unknown providers, visiting infected web pages, and spam emails. The ClixSense.com Customized Web Search is designed, and developed by the cyber crooks to steal the confidential details of the users including the passwords, emails, payment details, and credit card numbers.
The Manual Removal of ClixSense.com Customized Web Search
After discovering this malicious application inside your computer, you have to think which is the most convenient method of removing it. You can delete the ClixSense.com Customized Web Search through manual process,a nd also by using the automatic tools. For the novice users, we recommend the automatic removal method which is easy to use, and the more experienced users can try the manual removal method as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is impossible to delete the ClixSense.com Customized Web Search virus by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual process. Restart the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access boot options. Select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab from the task manager window where you can see a list of running processes in the background of your computer. You have to delete the following suspicious processes associated with the ClixSense.com Customized Web Search:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of this infection from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search.lnk
- %Programs%\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor to remove the malicious associated entries of this virus from the windows registry. In this regard you have to open the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. Remove the following entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClixSense.com Customized Web Search\DisplayName ClixSense.com Customized Web Search
Start the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes after closing the registry editor. Update the existing antivirus software before running a complete system scan on your computer.