The Clickorati Browser hijacker is a malicious application that is used to hijack the browsers installed on the windows based computers. It has the ability to infect all the major browsers including the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The Clickorati Browser hijacker has the ability to disable your antivirus, and opens backdoor for other malware. This tricky browser hijacker redirects all your searches towards unknown websites, and hackers make money on every click you made on these websites. Once installed, this worm can affect the speed of your computer negatively, and you will also face regular crashes as well as freezes. It has the ability to steal the most confidential data stored on the system, and use that information in the cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of Clickorati Browser hijacker
When your computer becomes a victim of the Clickorati Browser hijacker, you have to delete this worm quickly to minimize the loss of data and resources. You can delete this virus with the help of any reliable automatic software. The manual removal of this virus is also possible, and consists of the following steps:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
When your computer is running in the normal mode, you cannot remove these viruses. You need to start your system in the safe mode, and to do this, you have to restart the computer. While the system is in restarting process, you can start the boot options menu with the help of F8 key, and select the safe mode option to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes running in the back ground. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab. Here you can see a list of processes running in the system. You have to find and delete the following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After removing the processes successfully, now you have to remove the associated files of this tricky browser hijacker. In this regard, following are the files that needed to be removed along with its folders:-
- %Desktopdir%\Clickorati virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Clickorati virus\Clickorati virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Once done with the above mentioned steps, now you need to clean the windows registry by removing the malicious entries created by this tricky browser hijacker. You have to open the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clickorati virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clickorati virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clickorati virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clickorati virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Clickorati virus\DisplayName Clickorati virus
Close the registry editor, before restarting the system in the normal mode. You also need to update the existing antivirus, and run system scan to avoid infections.