The ClicknMark popups is an annoying adware program that is developed by the hackers to promote the sponsored links. As soon as this virus enters in the system, it starts showing the pop-up messages whenever you try to surf on the web. It interrupts your browsing sessions by redirecting your searches to malicious websites where you are encouraged to click on the corrupt links. This dangerous adware keeps showing you coupon deals and discounted offers, but keep in mind that all such offers are totally fake, and the intention is to steal your money through cyber frauds. The ClicknMark popups blocking your IP address due to which you are unable to access many of the legitimate websites. Once installed, this nasty adware eats a large portion of your system resources, and makes your PC super slow.
Removal of ClicknMark popups
Once the system becomes the victim of the ClicknMark popups, you have to address this issue as a top priority, and remove this adware program instantly. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available that are recommended for the novice users. The manual removal process is also available in this regard, which is only recommended for the professional users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must start the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode to proceed with the manual removal method. In this regard, restart the computer, and access the boot options by striking the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode from the boot options menu, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to start the system in the safe mode, you need to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of this malicious application before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Jst.pathopen.net from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ClicknMark popups.lnk
- %Programs%\ClicknMark popups\ClicknMark popups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor to clean the windows registry so that the manual removal process will be completed. In this regard, open the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClicknMark popups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClicknMark popups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClicknMark popups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClicknMark popups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ClicknMark popups\DisplayName ClicknMark popups
Close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus.