The Click.Suretofind.com is a dangerous computer virus that is categorized as a browser hijacker. This lethal browser hijacker attacks the windows based computers and used by hackers to promote a fake search engine Click.Suretofind.com. Once installed on your system, it immediately changes the internet settings on your PC like Home Page, Desktop Background and of course the default browser. This malicious application is used by the cyber crooks to modify the windows registry, disable antivirus program, and implants the additional threats to your computer. The Click.Suretofind.com is a type of virus that can destroy your computer resources and important data files in a way that it can never be recovered. The purpose of developing this lethal browser hijacker is to take complete control of your browsing, and access your financial data which is then used for the online frauds. Once installed, this parasite can make your computer super slow by utilizing most of the system resources.
The Manual Removal of Click.Suretofind.com
Once it becomes clear that the Click.Suretofind.com attacks your computer, you have to think how to remove this dangerous browser hijacker infection. You have got two options in this regard, the first is the manual removal method which is only recommended for the advanced users, and the second option is an automatic removal method. The instructions to remove this virus manually are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting removing this virus, you have to restart your computer and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options during the computer is restarted. You have to select the safe mode option from that list and hit the enter key to restart the machine in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager which is used to delete the associated processes of this virus. Once the task manager window is accessed click on the processes tab to see the list of running processes in the background of your computer. Delete the following malicious processes associated to this browser hijacker:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to open the system files folder in order to delete the following suspicious data associated with this lethal virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to clean the windows registry, you have to click the start button, select Run, and write RegEdit on the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor you have to remove the following corrupt entries related to the Click.Suretofind.com in order to clean the windows registry before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.Suretofind.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.Suretofind.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.Suretofind.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.Suretofind.com\DisplayName Click.Suretofind.com
In the end you need to run your computer in the normal mode to check the effect of recent changes. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program in order to remove the infections caused by this virus.