The Click.dealshark.com is a malicious application that secretly enters in the system, and perform its harmful activities without letting you know. The Click.dealshark.com is classified as a malware that is designed to infect the computers using windows operating system. This dangerous infection is distributed by the notorious hackers through freeware/shareware download, spam email attachments, social websites, and p2p sharing of files. It can replicate itself on more than one location; therefore, the other computers connected to the same network also got infected. Once installed, it immediately blocks your antivirus due to which it becomes impossible for you to detect this malware through normal antivirus program. Whenever you try to surf on the web, you will be redirected towards unknown websites, and you will also notice that the screen is flooded with the annoying pop-up ads. The speed of the system also reduced noticeably, and you are unable to open many of your desired websites.
Removal of Click.dealshark.com
Once it is apparent that the PC is compromised to the Click.dealshark.com malware, you have to immediately take some solid steps to get rid of this infection. There are both manual as well as automatic options available to remove this nasty computer worm. The automatic removal is quick, and easy; whereas, the manual removal method is a bit complicated that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, boot the infected system in the safe mode to execute the manual removal process. Restart the computer, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Hit the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list of options.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and hit the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the background. You have to end the following corrupt processes associated with the Click.dealshark.com, before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to open the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the Click.dealshark.com:-
- %Desktopdir%\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, clean the windows registry to complete this process. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK” button. Eliminate the following associated entries of the Click.dealshark.com after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus\DisplayName Click.dealshark.com pop-up Virus
Check if the virus is still available by accessing the system in the normal mode, and do not forget to run a system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus.