The Claro LTD Toolbar is a toolbar virus that has infected thousands of computers all over the world in the recent weeks. The Claro LTD Toolbar installed on your default browser as a browser extension, and you will notice the presence of this toolbar in your browser window. Once this toolbar virus slips inside the computer, it will reduce your security level by disabling the default antivirus, and modify the windows firewall. You will also notice that the speed of your browser becomes super slow, and most of the websites cannot open due to this slow speed. At first look, this application looks like a helpful toolbar that gives you access to the social networks like Facebook, and YouTube. However, this is a virus that is designed to provide remote access of your system to the hackers.
Removal of Claro LTD Toolbar
After knowing that the Claro LTD Toolbar is available in your PC, you have to get rid of this infection as quickly as possible. The automatic removal method is easy, and ideal choice for the basic level computer users. Apart from that, the manual removal of this infection is also possible yet complicated. The steps involved in the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to open the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the Safe Mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Kill the following corrupt processes associated with the Claro LTD Toolbar at your earliest:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the removal of the associated processes, you have to get rid of the associated files of this toolbar infection. Following are the suspicious files that are required to be removed from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Claro LTD Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Claro LTD Toolbar\Claro LTD Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry in the final steps of the manual removal process. In this regard, access the registry editor click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box. Remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Claro LTD Toolbar before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Claro LTD Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Claro LTD Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Claro LTD Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Claro LTD Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Claro LTD Toolbar\DisplayName Claro LTD Toolbar
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and see if the virus is removed successfully. Do not forget to run a complete system scan.