The Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02 is a browser extension that is classified as an adware program. The purpose of developing this nasty adware infection is to annoy the innocent users, and take their money away through frauds. Once this dangerous program invades your computer, it alters the browser settings and changes the basic browser settings without asking your permission. It is capable of monitoring your browsing habits, take screen shots, and steal the details of your credit card. All such information is then transferred to the remote hackers who use it to steal your hard earned money. The most common way of receiving this infection in the system is through freeware download. It has the capability of infecting the multiple computers attached to a network. It also has the ability to remove the important system files, and alter your windows firewall to invite addition threats to your computer.
Manual Removal of Ads by Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02
Once you are able to confirm the presence of the Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02 in your system, you need to plan a strategy to get rid of this dangerous adware. If you are a novice computer user, we recommend you the automatic removal method, but if you are an advanced level user, you can try the manual removal method which is described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to remove such advanced level adware programs you need to access the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and access the boot options screen by using the F8 key. Select the Safe Mode from the boot options list and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. In the task manager window, click on the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Find and delete the following associated processes of this adware before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes, you have to delete the associated data of this infection, and in this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be removed from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Ads by Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02\ Ads by Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select Run and type RegEdit in the box. Clean the windows registry by removing the following associated entries of this adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02\DisplayName Cinema Video Pro 2.1V24.02
Check the availability of the infection by accessing the system in the normal mode. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.