The Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup is a malicious website that is classified as a phishing website where you can trap to lose your personal confidential details. This is a dangerous application that enters in the system secretly, and once it slips inside the system files folder, it displays countless pop-up ads whenever you try to open any website. Most of your web searches will be diverted towards other phishing domains where you are forced to buy fake software programs. Most of these pop-up ads are related to the discounted offers, and coupon deals, but you must keep in mind that all such tempting offers are totally fake and designed to make you click on these compromised links. Once you click on any of these pop-up ads, you will download more infections in the system which can cause permanent damage to your important data files, as well as system resources. The overall performance of the infected system may reduce considerably as a large portion of resources installed on your machine are taken by this malicious application.
Removal of Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup
After knowing that the system is compromised to Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup, you need to find an effective method to get rid of this infection without wasting a single minute. You can try any powerful automatic removal tool in this regard. If you are interested in removing this virus manually, then you need to follow the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Change the mode of operation from normal to safe before proceeding to the complicated steps of the manual removal process. Restart the infected system, and access the boot options screen by using the F8 key during the time system is restarting. Select the safe mode option from the list of boot options and press the enter key to terminate the normal mode, and access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Yu must find as well as remove the following malicious processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup.lnk
- %Programs%\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this process, you are required to clean the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Open the registry editor by executing the “regedit” command through the Start Menu, and get rid of the following fake registry entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Chromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup\DisplayNameChromebrowser.windowsdesk.net popup
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see if the infection is still exist or successfully removed, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.