The Charm Savings popup is a malicious application developed to harm the computers using windows operating system. The Charm Savings popup is a virus that is classified as an adware program that sneaks in the computers without getting the permission from the user. Mostly users get infected with this virus while visiting porn websites, spam email attachments, malicious codes, and using corrupt removable devices. Once this infection penetrates in the system, it starts showing the pop-up messages regarding fake security alerts, and warnings. Besides that, it also affects the speed of the computer negatively. The notorious cyber criminals use this infection as a tool to steal the personal financial information of the targeted users. This malicious application also blocks the task manager, and registry editor. Your antivirus tools stop working because of this stubborn adware infection.
Removal of Charm Savings popup
Once it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the Charm Savings popup adware infection, you need to find an effective method to get rid of this nasty infection at your earliest. Besides automatic removal tools that can get rid of this infection within just a few minutes, you can also achieve this goal by using the instructions of manual removal method that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Open the infected computer in the safe mode so that you can proceed to the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the task manager window by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is visible on the screen, you have to click on the Process tab under the task manager window, and kill the following malicious processes associated with the Charm Savings popup virus, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes. It is time to get rid of the associated data. Remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Charm Savings pop-ups.lnk
- %Programs%\Charm Savings pop-ups\Charm Savings pop-ups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal will be completed when you remove the suspicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, you must access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. You have to remove the following suspicious entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\DisplayName Charm Savings pop-ups
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see if the adware is removed successfully or still available, and do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.