The Charm Savings pop-ups is a lethal variation of adware infections that attacks the windows computers without consent of the user. This malicious application can damage your hard disk, creates data privacy issues, and causes frequent system crashes. This nasty adware infection distributed through many different ways like visiting compromised web pages, spam email attachments, porn websites, and clicking corrupt links on social media. Once this adware settles down in the system, it will show fake alerts, and misleading error messages. The speed of the computer becomes extremely slow due to which you are unable to open any website. Besides that, the sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank account details, and passwords are at high risk as long as this infection remains in the system. This malicious application disables the task manager as well as antivirus programs to stop any detection or removal effort.
Removal of Charm Savings pop-ups
Once it is confirmed that your system is under attack by the Charm Savings pop-ups, you have to defend your data as well as resources by removing this infection. There are both manual as well as automatic ways available to get rid of this virus. The manual removal is extremely hard and consists of the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
After starting the system in the safe mode, you can proceed to the manual removal of this adware. Restart the computer and access the list of boot options by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to start the system in the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of the this adware infection. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes. Find and remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the associated data of this virus from the system files folder. Following are some of the suspicious files that you have to remove:-
- %Desktopdir%\Charm Savings pop-ups.lnk
- %Programs%\Charm Savings pop-ups\Charm Savings pop-ups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is necessary to remove the suspicious entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal. Open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated with this adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Charm Savings pop-ups\DisplayName Charm Savings pop-ups
You must restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. If the virus is removed successfully, do not forget to run a complete system scan.