The cdn.doubleverify.com is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser redirect virus designed by the hackers to take complete control of the browsing on the targeted computer. This nasty redirect virus closely related to Trojans like Tracur, and Dymanet. Once this malicious application slips in the computer, you are unable to surf on the web as it keeps diverting you towards its own domain, and other affiliate sites to generate traffic, and make commissions from the pay per click programs. This dangerous redirect virus is designed in a way that it can infect all the major browsers, including the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It modifies the DNS settings in your computer as soon as it arrives in the system, and you will notice several changes in the system without your consent. It also displays the frustrating pop-up ads to disturb the normal surfing sessions of the user. It follows your online activities, steal your financial information, and send it to the developers who use it in different types of cyber crimes. Besides that, this redirect virus is also known as a resource eater that takes too much CPU resources to make your computer slow as well as vulnerable.
Removal of cdn.doubleverify.com
After knowing that your PC becomes a victim of the cdn.doubleverify.com redirect virus, you have to find a way to get yourself out of this situation. In this regard, you can try some automatic removal tools. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also available that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to boot the computer in the safe mode to start the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Select the safe mode once you are able to see the list before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You need to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the processes tab under the task manager window. Remove the following associated processes of the wrapper.z5x.net before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the cdn.doubleverify.com by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this process, you have to access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Delete the following associated entries of the cdn.doubleverify.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cdn.doubleverify.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cdn.doubleverify.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cdn.doubleverify.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cdn.doubleverify.com\DisplayName Cdn.doubleverify.com
Restart the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus program.