The Caribarena Ransomware is another computer virus belongs from the ransomware category of computer infections. This lethal application enters in the system without getting the consent of the user, and hide itself wisely to avoid detection. Like all other ransomware infections, the Caribarena Ransomware hijack your PC, and you are only able to see a message that shows you have to pay a certain amount of fine to unlock your computer as you are involved in an illegal activity. The other side of this double face sword is, this will monitor your payment process while paying the fine to steal your payment details which then used to steal your money through online frauds. You have to keep in mind that this is a totally fake application that is only developed to take your money away.
The Manual Removal of Caribarena Ransomware
After getting the signs of this malicious application on the PC, you have to confirm its presence, and once it is confirmed, you have to take the solid steps to remove this virus. You can find a number of reliable automatic removal tools to get rid of this ransomware, but if you are an experienced user, you can also remove this virus manually. The instructions for the manual removal method are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
These type of stubborn computer infections can only be removed in the safe mode of operation. In this regard, restart the computer and use the F8 key to see the boot options. Once the boot options are accessed, select the safe mode option and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated processes of the Caribarena Ransomware. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and hit the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. You have to kill the following suspicious processes associated with this virus one by one by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Caribarena Ransomware.lnk
- %Programs%\Caribarena Ransomware\Caribarena Ransomware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” command through the “Run” option available in the “Start Menu” in order to clean the windows registry. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Caribarena Ransomware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Caribarena Ransomware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Caribarena Ransomware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Caribarena Ransomware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Caribarena Ransomware\DisplayName Caribarena Ransomware
Reboot the system once again but this time in the normal mode to evaluate how effectively you have removed the virus. Besides that, you also need to run a complete system scan on the system through an updated version of your current antivirus program.