The Canada.consumers-research.com is a malicious browser hijacker that enters in the systems without the consent or permission of the user. Once installed. The Canada.consumers-research.com hijacks the default browser completely, and all the searches are redirected towards phishing websites where you are encouraged to buy unknown products as well as services. This notorious browser hijacker is bundled with other additional infections that can damage your computer completely. This malicious application is used by the hackers to promote the unknown affiliate products, and misleading advertisement. Whenever you try to search anything, it will either redirect towards unknown websites, or you can see a fake search engine that looks like a legitimate program. This dangerous infection can affect the overall performance of the system negatively, and you will start feeling that the system is acting weirdly. Besides making commissions by promoting the affiliate products, the Canada.consumers-research.com also used to steal the personal information of the users, and use it for making money through fraudulent purposes.
The Manual Removal of Canada.consumers-research.com
Once the Canada.consumers-research.com entered in the system, your ultimate goal becomes getting rid of this malicious browser hijacker as quickly as possible. You can use any automatic removal tool for this purpose; however, the manual removal method is also available which is only recommended for the advanced level computer users. The manual removal method is described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to reboot the computer in the safe mode before start deleting the virus. In this regard, you have to restart the infected system and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Once you are able to see these options, select the safe mode, and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you are able to work in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes of the Canada.consumers-research.com. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and select the processes tab to see the list of running processes. You have to delete the following processes from the list by selecting each process and press the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are also required to find as well as delete the following associated files of this malicious browser hijacker from the system files folder.
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to delete the malicious entries created in the windows registry by accessing the registry editor. You can access the windows registry by executing the “RegEdit” command with the help of “Run” option in the “Start Menu”. Once the registry editor is opened, you have to delete the following entries immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Canada.consumers-research.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Canada.consumers-research.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Canada.consumers-research.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Canada.consumers-research.com\DisplayName Canada.consumers-research.com
When the above entries removed successfully, you have to close the registry editor. Run a complete system scan on your computer after updating the antivirus program already installed on your computer.