The C5.zedo Pop Up is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. This dangerous virus immediately changes the entire settings of your computer after getting installed on any PC. These settings include the default search engine, home page, and desktop background. The C5.zedo Pop Up is capable of disabling all your executable programs that causes regular crashes. Once installed, this dangerous browser hijacker redirects all your searches towards certain unknown websites. After getting it installed on any computer this malicious application changes the system settings randomly, and open the backdoor for the additional malware, spyware, and parasites. The hackers use this virus to generate traffic on the websites, promote fake products, and steal the confidential information of the innocent users. This information then used for the online frauds, cybercrimes, and other illegal activities. Besides that, this browser hijacker also causes a slowdown in the speed of the infected computer.
The Manual Removal of C5.zedo Pop Up
Once the C5.zedo Pop Up infect your system you must delete this dangerous pop-up virus as quickly as possible as this can be extremely dangerous for your system and data. You can get rid of this virus either by using any reliable automatic removal tool, or with the help of the manual removal method. We recommend the automatic tool for the novice users as manual method is a bit too much for them. Following are the steps that you need to follow for manual removal of this dangerous pop-up virus:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Reboot the computer and select the safe mode option. You can get the list of boot options by pressing the F8 key while the system is restarted.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes of this virus. In this regard you have to one the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and hit the processes tab to see the list of running processes on your computer. You have to delete the following processes from that list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You also need to delete the associated files of the C5.zedo Pop Up. In this regard, open the system files folder, and remove the following files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process completed when you remove the malicious entries from the windows registry. You have to click on the start menu, select the Run option and type RegEdit command before hitting the OK button to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following files:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\c5.zedo.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\c5.zedo.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\c5.zedo.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\c5.zedo.com\DisplayName c5.zedo.com
Restart the computer, in the normal mode, to see whether the manual removal is successful or otherwise. Update the antivirus program and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this dangerous Trojan infection.