The Bundespolizei GVU Virus is a nasty Trojan virus that is classified as a ransomware. This malicious application makes the infected system completely useless by encrypting the important system files. Once this nasty virus able to penetrate in the computer, you are unable to access the normal desktop, instead of that you will see a ransom screen on which states that the German police authorities detected any illegal activity on your system due to which your system is blocked. You will be asked to pay several hundred dollars as ransom in order to unlock the computer. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with your any action, instead of that, this is a tool used by the hackers to trap the innocent people and take their money away. Even if you pay the ransom amount, your system will never unlock automatically; therefore, you have to make sure that you do not fall in this wisely designed trap.
Removal of Bundespolizei GVU Virus
After realizing the presence of the Bundespolizei GVU Virus inside the computer, your goal is to get rid of this infection at your earliest. This ransomware infection can be removed with the help of any powerful automatic tool. The manual removal is also available in this regard that is extremely complicated for the novice users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the computer in the safe mode in order to start the manual removal process. Restart the system, and press the F8 key while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options. Select the Safe mode option from the list by using the arrow keys and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab to see a list of processes on your computer. Get rid of the following associated processes of the Bundespolizei GVU Virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the associated processes removal, you have to get rid of the following associated files of the Bundespolizei GVU Virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Bundespolizei GVU Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Bundespolizei GVU Virus\Bundespolizei GVU Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to remove the associated registry entries created by this ransomware in the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. You have to remove the following suspicious entries as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bundespolizei GVU Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bundespolizei GVU Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bundespolizei GVU Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bundespolizei GVU Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bundespolizei GVU Virus\DisplayName Bundespolizei GVU Virus
In the end, do not forget to check the success of this process by rebooting the system in the normal mode. Run a system scan through any updated antivirus software.