The Buma Stemra is a legitimate association that is formed to protect the rights of the musicians in the Netherland. The Buma Stemra Virus has nothing to do with that organization as hackers are just using the name of that organization to achieve their illegal motives. The Buma Stemra organization has sued several people on the charges of violating the copyrights. The Buma Stemra Virus is a ransomware that uses the name of that organization to threaten the innocent computer users, and grab their money. Once it enters in the system, it locks your screen, and instead of the normal antivirus, you are only able to see a message which shows that you are involved in copyright violation, and you will be asked to pay a certain amount as ransom. If you pay them, you will not only lose your money, but also transfer your valuable personal details including the credit card information.
Removal of Buma Stemra Virus
The Buma Stemra Virus is a dangerous ransomware that should be removed effectively from the system in a way that it will never return. This malicious application can be removed by using any automatic removal tool. Besides that the manual removal process is also there that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts once you are able to access the safe mode on the infected PC. Restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list, before pressing the enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager is accessed, click on the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Get rid of the following suspicious processes associated with the Buma Stemra Virus by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Buma Stemra Virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Buma Stemra Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Buma Stemra Virus\Buma Stemra Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you are required to get rid of the suspicious entries from the windows registry. Open the registry editor through RegEdit command which can be executed through Run option available in the start menu. Remove of the following associated entries of the Buma Stemra Virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Buma Stemra Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Buma Stemra Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Buma Stemra Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Buma Stemra Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Buma Stemra Virus\DisplayName Buma Stemra Virus
In the end, you have to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process by rebooting the PC in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program.