The BullVid Download Manager is a malicious application that installed on any windows based computer as a browser helper object. It can be directly installed on your default browser without any manual intervention, and you might not even notice. The hackers use different techniques to distribute this dangerous infection, which includes freeware download, file sharing networks, junk mail attachments, and social media links. Once installed in the system, it hides itself deep in the roots of the system files folder, and can easily replicate itself. You cannot detect or remove this malicious application through normal antivirus software. It makes several unwanted changes in the system settings, and you will notice that the home page of your browser, default search provider, and windows firewall are changed without your consent. This infection can create the privacy of your data issues in the system.
Removal of BullVid Download Manager
The BullVid Download Manager is a dangerous computer worm that must be removed not only quickly, but in a way it will never return. There are some excellent automatic removal tools available in this regard. Besides that, the manual removal process is extremely difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before anything else, you need to start the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. You have to press the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option.
End the Malicious Processes
As soon as the system is working in the safe mode, you need to open the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and kill the associated processes of this infection. You can find these malicious processes under the Processes tab in the task manager window. Get rid of the following suspicious processes by using the End Process button before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the BullVid Download Manager with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\BullVid Download Manager.lnk
- %Programs%\BullVid Download Manager\BullVid Download Manager.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Get rid of the fake entries created in the windows registry to complete this process. Open the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eradicate the following supported entries of the BullVid Download Manager:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BullVid Download Manager\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BullVid Download Manager
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BullVid Download Manager\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BullVid Download Manager\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BullVid Download Manager\DisplayName BullVid Download Manager
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to check the success of your efforts, and also run a complete system through your antivirus.