The Bueno Toolbar is a recently discovered malware that is categorized as an adware program that enters in the computers secretly, and remain resident for a longer period of time if not removed effectively. This malicious application is used to generate the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected system to disturb the normal browsing activity of the user. The Bueno Toolbar infection spreads through p2p sharing of resources, visiting porn websites, and downloading freeware from unreliable sources. This adware present itself as a legitmate program and a helpful utility that is used to enhance your online searches as well as helps you in organizing the emails, but in reality this is a trap to access your confidential details, and steal your money through online frauds and cyber crimes. Once installed, the Bueno Toolbar virus hijack yoru browser and take complete control of your browsing.
The Manual Removal of Bueno Toolbar
Once this virus enters in the computer, you are required to find a quick and safe way to get rid of this infection quickly. You can delete this virus manually as well as automatically. The manual removal isonly recommended for the computer professionals, however, the automatic removal is easy as well as convenient through whjich you can delete the virus within just a few clicks of the mouse. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the PC, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options. In the boot options menu, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, the next thing you have to do is removal of the associated processes of the Bueno Toolbar virus. You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder, and remove the following files along with their folders with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Bueno Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Bueno Toolbar\Bueno Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the Enter key to access the registry editor where you can remove the malicious modifications made by the Bueno Toolbar virus. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with this infection from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bueno Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bueno Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bueno Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bueno Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bueno Toolbar\DisplayName Bueno Toolbar
You have to run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus software after restarting the system in the normal mode to complete the manual removal process.