The Bubble Dock is a malicious program designed by the cyber crooks to enter the computers secretly, and connect those systems to a remote server that is managed by the hackers. Once the Bubble Dock entered in the system, it make several forced changes in the default system settins, and all such changes are aimed to access the confidential details of the user, and transfer such details to the developers of this computer worm. Apart from that, some cyber criminals also use this infection to promote the low quality third party products, and generate web traffic on the low ranked websites. The hackers uses a number of ways to spread this malicious application, including pop-up ads, social media links, hacked websites, and removable storage devices. The Bubble Dock is a tricky adware program that shows thousands of annoying pop-ups on the screen of the infected machine whenever user tries to surf on the web. All of the above mentioned destructive actions make it impossible for the user to surf freely on the web.
Removal of Bubble Dock
Once you found the symptoms of the presence of the Bubble Dock in your system, you have to take immediate steps after confirming its availability. The automatic method in this regard is easy, and ideal for the basic level computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal is also possible that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through to the complicated steps of the manual removal you have to access the infected machine in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode once you are able to access the list before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you need to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab under the task manager window and get rid of the following associated processes of the Bubble Dock before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step you have to get rid of the following suspicious files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Bubble Dock.lnk
- %Programs%\Bubble Dock\Bubble Dock.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to clean the windows registry in the final step of the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor by accessing the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bubble Dock\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bubble Dock
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bubble Dock\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bubble Dock\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bubble Dock\DisplayName Bubble Dock
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions of manual removal process.