The BrwsrAppVrs2.6 is a malicious application that is wisely designed by the notorious cyber crooks to trap the novice computer users and steal their money. The BrwsrAppVrs2.6 is actually a browser hijacker that introduces itself as a usefull application that helps you to improve web searches. However, you have to keep in mind that this is nothing more than a destructive computer virus that immediately modify your browser settings once it is able to enter in the system. It will change your default search provider, and start showing the manipulated search results whenever you try to search something on the web. Apart from that, it redirect you towards unknown low ranked websites whenever you open a website. The BrwsrAppVrs2.6 is an extremely tricky browser hijacker that cannot be removed through traditional removal methods as it disables your task manager feature and registry editor. The speed along with the performance of your computer also affected because of the presence of this malicious application.
Removal of BrwsrAppVrs2.6
After knowing that the BrwsrAppVrs2.6 infection attacked your computer, you have to remove this nasty browser hijacker without wasting a single minute. You can do this by selecting any powerful automatic removal tool which is easily available on the web. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also available that is only recommended for the experienced computer users:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must access the safe mode on the computer to execute the instructions of the manual removal method. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options, and select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to start the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once safe mode is accessed, you have to kill the processes associated with this browser hijacker. Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes where you have to find as well as remove the following processes associated to the BrwsrAppVrs2.6 before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the associated processes issue, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\BrwsrAppVrs2.6 .lnk
- %Programs%\BrwsrAppVrs2.6 \BrwsrAppVrs2.6 .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end do not forget to clean the windows registry by removing the modifications created by BrwsrAppVrs2.6. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Remove the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrwsrAppVrs2.6 \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrwsrAppVrs2.6 \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrwsrAppVrs2.6 \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrwsrAppVrs2.6 \DisplayName BrwsrAppVrs2.6
Close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed the virus. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus.