The BrowserSeek.com is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. This dangerous browser hijacker spread through porn websites, and infected millions of windows based systems in the different parts of the world. Besides porn websites, it is also installed on the computers when the user click on the attachment received through spam email. Once installed on any computer, the BrowserSeek.com can change the registry entries to launch itself automatically every time the user starts windows. This malicious application has the ability to run advertisements continuously on the infected computers; besides that, it also steals your private information to use it in the online crimes. This dangerous browser hijacker is capable of hijack all your browsers, and every time you try to search anything, it will be redirected towards certain websites from unauthenticated publishers. Once detected it is needed to be removed quickly to protect your computer and data.
How to Remove BrowserSeek.com?
The BrowserSeek.com is a type of infection which can be removed either with the help of any automatic removal tool, or by using the manual method. Both ways are equally effective; however, the success of the manual removal method is directly depends on the experience of the user. In order to remove this malicious browser hijacker manually, you have to kill the processes, remove the files, and delete the registry entries associated with this parasite. Following are the steps that you need to complete to remove this virus manually:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
You have to reboot the machine in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and hit F8 key until you can see the boot options. Here, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After starting your computer in the safe mode, you have to kill the attached processes of BrowserSeek.com. Starting the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab. You have to find and remove the following processes from the available list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After getting rid of the malicious process, you have to remove the files along with folders related to this threat. In this regard you have to find and delete the following files by using the file explorer, and delete them with the help of Delete key:-
Clean the Windows Registry
In the final step of this process, you have to delete the corrupt registry entries. In this regard, you have to start the registry editor by clicking on the start button, select run, and type regedit. Here you have to find and delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowserSeek.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowserSeek.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowserSeek.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowserSeek.com\DisplayName BrowserSeek.com
After removing these entries, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made.