The Browser Enhance is a malicious application classified as an adware infection, and designed by the cyber criminals with the clear motive of gain the monetary benefits through illegal as well as unethical methods. The Browser Enhance is a computer infection that is used by the hackers to promote the affiliate products, and make commissions from the affiliate sales. It is responsible of corrupting your important system files as well as create the data privacy issues in the system. The Browser Enhance adware infection spreads through the spam emails, unsafe browsing, social websites, and infected removable storage devices. You will notice a number of changes in your system settings without your permission, and it also corrupts the windows registry to remain resident for a long period of time. This malicious application is responsible for stealing the private information of the user, and steal their money by using such valuable information. The speed of the computer also affected badly because of this adware infection.
Removal of Browser Enhance
After realizing the presence of the Browser Enhance you have to remove this virus either by selecting any automatic removal tool, or by following the steps of the manual removal process. The manual removal of this adware infection is also possible, but extremely complicated for the basic level computer users that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is compulsory to access the safe mode on the infected machine to start executing the manual removal process. Restart the PC, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options screen is accessed, you have to select the safe mode by using the arrow keys before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window, and click on the processes tab to where you can see the list of processes. You have to delete the following processes associated with the Browser Enhance, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the removal of the associated processes, you have to remove the following associated files of the Browser Enhance from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Browser Enhance.lnk
- %Programs%\Browser Enhance\Browser Enhance.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications made by this adware in the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Delete the following entries after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browser Enhance\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browser Enhance
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browser Enhance\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browser Enhance\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browser Enhance\DisplayName Browser Enhance
Reboot the system in the normal mode, update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan after completing all the above mentioned steps.