The BrowseBit is a nasty infection that is classified as an adware infection, and attacks the windows based systems without getting the consent of the user. The BrowseBit cannot be detected through any antivirus program as it is developed by the notorious hackers through advanced level techniques. Once this malicious application enters in the system you will notice a huge difference in the speed of the system as it keeps decreasing every day. Whenever you try to start, or shut down the system, and try to start any installed application, it will take too long to execute. The BrowseBit adware infection is capable of bypassing the most advanced antivirus programs, and it also blocks the windows firewall. You will start receiving the annoying pop-up ads on the screen whenever you try to surf on the web. Besides above mentioned symptoms, the BrowseBit infection also damages the windows registry, and remove some of the most important system files.
The Manual Removal of BrowseBit
Once the BrowseBit infection attacks your system secretly, you need to confirm its presence, and select an effective method to remove this virus completely from the system. There are some powerful automatic removal tools available to delete this malicious application within just a few minutes. The manual removal process consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts once you are able to access the system in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options menu. Choose the safe mode from the list appeared on the screen, and press the Enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the BrowseBit. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and remove the following malicious processes available under the processes tab in the task manager window. Remove of the following corrupt processes by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files by selecting them one by one:-
- %Desktopdir%\BrowseBit ads.lnk
- %Programs%\BrowseBit ads\BrowseBit ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to remove the corrupt entries created by this infection in the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run and type regedit.exe. Delete the following associated entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowseBit ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowseBit ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowseBit ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowseBit ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BrowseBit ads\DisplayName BrowseBit ads
Close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode to analyze the success of the manual removal process. You have to select the complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.