The Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus is a nasty computer infection that is classified as a redirect virus, and modify the browser settings to take the control of the browsing. Once installed, you will notice that the home page is changed without your consent due to which you are unable to perform your browsing freely. When you try to open any website, it will take too much time in loading the page, and often you will be redirected towards unknown places. The Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus slips in the windows based computers while visiting the malicious websites, social engineering, freeware downloads, spam email attachments, and infected removable storage devices. Once this nasty redirect infection enters in the system, it damages the important system files as well as registry entries that are extremely important for the smooth running of your system. This malicious application is capable of reducing the security level in your system due to which the system becomes a junkyard for various types of parasites.
Removal of Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus
The Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus is a nasty redirect virus that can damage your browser as well as other parts of your computer. You have to remove this virus completely and effectively by using any reliable automatic removal tool. Apart from that, you can also get rid of this redirect virus manually. The instructions for the manual removal process are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process can only be executed by accessing the safe mode on the infected system. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options, and select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window, and click on the processes tab to find as well as remove the following processes associated with the Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed after removing the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Remove the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Browse-Search.com Redirect Virus
Close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal insttructions. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus software.