The Boxworther.info is a malicious domain that is classified as a browser hijacker that can be installed on the system when the user click on the link accidently or intentionally. Once you click on the link, this browser hijacker installs automatically without any manual interaction. The basic purpose of this infection is to attack the windows based systems, and gain the control of the browsing activities of the user. It modify the default browser settings without getting the consent of the user, and you will find a whole new default browser on your system. It shows the manipulated search results when you try to search anything on the web. It connects the system to a remote server that is managed by the developers of this browser hijacker. The Boxworther.info remove the most accessed data files folder without your permission, and erase some crucial system files due to which your system starts behaving weirdly. You cannot download any new application on the system because of the presence of this infection, and the overall performance of the system also decreases.
Removal of Boxworther.info
After confirming the presence of the Boxworther.info browser hijacker, you have to find a way to remove this infection. You can remove this adware by using any powerful automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available in this regard that is recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is a prerequisite of the manual removal process to start the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the machine, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is accessed in the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Select the Processes tab under the task manager, and remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Boxworther.info by using the “End Process” button and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the corrupt processes, you have to remove the associated data of this browser hijacker. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files required to be removed from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to clean the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the Boxworther.info and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Boxworther.info\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Boxworther.info\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Boxworther.info\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Boxworther.info\DisplayName Boxworther.info
Access the system in the normal mode, and see the effect of the manual removal process. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan on the system.