The Bloodhound.PDF.28 is a dangerous virus that can infect your windows base computers in many ways. This malicious application spread through junk email attachments, p2p network, visiting porn websites, and social media links. There are two main functions of this malicious application that includes stealing the confidential data of the users, and opening the backdoor for the additional parasites. This dangerous virus can make your system absolutely useless if not removed. Once installed, the Bloodhound.PDF.28 can create a startup key in the windows registry due to which this application starts automatically every time you starts your windows. The hackers use this tricky virus to steal the data such as passwords, email ids, credit card numbers, and other personal details to use it for the fraudulent purposes. Once installed, this dangerous virus starts eating the resources of your computer, and you will face the huge slowdown in the speed of your computer.
The Manual Removal of Bloodhound.PDF.28
After detecting this dangerous threat in your system, you have to find a way to get rid of this virus. If you are a professional level computer user we recommend you the manual removal method, but for the novice users there are some powerful automatic removal tools available. The manual removal method instructions are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to reboot the infected computer to terminate the normal mode. While the system restarted, you have to use the F8 button to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the available list and press enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you have successfully starts the system in the safe mode, you need to use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons to access the windows task manager. Click on the processes tab in the task manager, and under this tab you can see a list of running processes. You need to remove the following processes associated to the Bloodhound.PDF.28:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After getting rid of the processes related to this virus, you need to delete the following files from the system files folder at the earliest:-s
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the corrupt entries created by the Bloodhound.PDF.28 in the windows registry. In this regard, open the start menu options, select the “run” option, and type “regedit.exe” to access the registry editor. Through registry editor you have to find as well as delete the following suspecious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bloodhound.PDF.28\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bloodhound.PDF.28\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bloodhound.PDF.28\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bloodhound.PDF.28\DisplayName Bloodhound.PDF.28
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the changes you have just made, and the success of the manual removal process. Update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan on your computer to remove the infections caused by this virus.