The Blitz Media Player is a lethal adware infection recently developed by notorious cyber criminals to infect the computers using windows operating system. Once this malicious application sneaks into the system, it starts showing the frequent pop-up messages. Most of these pop-up messages are aimed to promote certain types of products and make commissions from the affiliate sales. Apart from that, it alters the security settings in the system, and disables the windows firewall to invite additional threats to the computer. It creates startup keys in the windows registry to start automatically every time you opens the system. Some hackers also use this infection as a tool to steal the privacy of the user, and collect the financial information including the credit card numbers. This nasty adware modifies most of the system settings in the infected machine without getting the permission from the user.
Removal of Blitz Media Player
The Blitz Media Player is a dangerous adware that can harm your computer in a number of ways, and you need to remove this infection completely from the system to protect the resources as well as data. There are a number of automatic tools available through which you can remove this virus within just a few minutes. Besides that, this virus can be removed manually too. The manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the process of removing this virus manually as long as the PC remains in the normal mode. Restart the system, and get the access of the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager. Click on the processes tab under the task manager to see the list of processes and remove the following suspicious processes by using the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are the files that are required to be removed quickly along with their folders from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Blitz Media Player .lnk
- %Programs%\Blitz Media Player \Blitz Media Player .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor by selecting the start menu, click the Run option, and write RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. Get rid of the following associated entries of the Blitz Media Player before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Blitz Media Player \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Blitz Media Player
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Blitz Media Player \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Blitz Media Player \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Blitz Media Player \DisplayName Blitz Media Player
Restart the system in the normal mode to see if the browser hijacker is removed successfully or still available.