The BKDR_TENGO.A is a dangerous virus that is categorized as a backdoor virus. Like all other backdoors, the BKDR_TENGO.A also installed on any windows based computer through a file that is created by any other malware. This dangerous backdoor can infect all the versions of windows operating system. The commands of this virus are executed by the hackers through any remote server, and normally the infected system connected to any website to record and transfers the confidential information of the user. Once installed, it has the ability to make your system extremely slow, and affect the overall output of the system negatively. This malicious application is used by the hackers to steal the information from the computer and use it for fraudulent purposes.
The Instructions for Removal of BKDR_TENGO.A
Once you feel that your system is infected from this virus, you have to confirm it first, and then remove this threat either with the help of any reliable automatic software, or manually. The steps involved in the manual removal method are described as under:-
Select the Safe Mode
First of all, you have to start the system in the safe mode in order to access the task manager, and registry editor. The normal mode can be terminated by just restarting the system. You have to use the F8 key to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list to start your PC in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appears on the screen of your computer, you have to select the processes tab. Here you can see a list of processes running in the background, from which you have to delete following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
You have to remove the files that are created by this backdoor. Normally these files are hidden wisely in the program files folder. You have to find and remove following associated files of this threat:-
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
Finally you have to reverse the modification made by this virus in the windows registry. Any changes or modifications in the windows registry can be done by starting the registry editor which can be opened by running the “RegEdit” Command in the command prompt. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find the following entries, and remove them immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_TENGO.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_TENGO.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_TENGO.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_TENGO.A\DisplayName BKDR_TENGO.A
After completing the above mentioned steps, you are required to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of manual removal process. Do not forget to update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan on your system to delete the infections created by this browser hijacker.