The BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG is a lethal Trojan infection that is recently developed and distributed by the international hackers to destruct the windows based platforms. The application spreads through a number of different ways including sharing resources with other computers on same network, downloading freeware, and visiting porn websites. The BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG virus can create huge trouble as it starts collecting the personal information like email logins, passwords, browsing preferences, shopping websites, and credit card details. These details are then shared with the developers of this lethal infection who use it in the online frauds to make money through illicit means. As soon as this Trojan infection settles down in the system, it opens a backdoor for the hackers who secretly access the system, and perform malicious activities. You can see a number of infected executable files, and new icons on the desktop that are created by this virus. Once installed, the BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG virus reduces the speed of the system, and degrade the overall performance as it start eating a huge portion of the system resources.
The Manual Removal of BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG
After finding this dangerous Trojan inside the PC, you have to take some serious steps to delete this virus. You can get rid of the BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG virus manually as well as automatically, and both methods have their own advantages. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of this malicious application:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. Restart the PC and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your PC, select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager. After accessing the task manager, click on the process tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. You have to end the following associated processes of this lethal Trojan infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you have removed the malicious processes successfully, you need to delete the following files related to the BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG infection from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you remove the corrupt entries added by the BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG infection in the registry section of your windows operating system. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit.exe command through the Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG\DisplayName BKDR_SYKIPOT.AG
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions.