The BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF is a malicious virus that is categorized as the backdoor Trojan malware. This type of viruses often infects windows based computers by using the drawbacks available in the security of the system. Once installed, it has the ability to hide itself deep in the roots of the system files. The primary purpose of developing this dangerous Trojan is to steal the information of the user such as bank account details, credit card details, shopping preferences, and browsing history. This information then sends to the hackers and online criminals who use it in the cyber crimes. The BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF has the ability to utilize all the resources installed on the infected computer, resultantly; the speed of the system reduces considerably. You have to remove this dangerous threat as soon as you are able to detect it.
Manual Removal Method of BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF
After you come to know that your computer is compromised to the BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF, you need to remove it either by using an automatic removal tool, or by manual removal process. The success of manual method is not guaranteed, as it depends on the expertise as well as experience of the user. The manual method as it consists of the following steps:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
Before start deleting the files, and removing the registry entries, you have to terminate the normal mode of your computer and restart it in the safe mode by hitting the F8 key while it is restarting, and select safe mode from the boot option menu.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes of this backdoor virus. You have to find and delete the following associated processes by using the windows task manager which can be started by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Another important step of manual method is removing the files and folders of this malicious application. These files are wisely hidden deep in the roots of your system along with sensitive system files. Following are the files that you need to delete:-
Delete Registry Entries
In the end you need to clean the windows registry from the corrupt entries created by the BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF. This can be achieved by starting the registry editor because any changes in the registry are made through the registry editor. You have to go to the start menu, choose run, and type regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor window is opened, you have to find and delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF\DisplayName BKDR_LIFTOH.DLF
After removing the above entries, you need to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. You also need to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus program.