The BK LPD Virus is a malicious virus that actually categorized as a ransomware, and belongs from the Ukash family of viruses. This dangerous ransomware enters in the windows based computers secretly, and mostly spreads either by spam emails, or by downloading freeware programs. Once installed on any computer, the BK LPD Virus blocks your system completely, and you are unable to access any of your programs. Instead of that you will see a message from the hackers on the screen in which it is mentioned that you are involved in some kind of illegal activities, and now you have to pay the fine amount of 100 euro in order to unlock your computer. This malicious application needed to remove as quickly as you come to know that your system is compromised otherwise it can damage your system resources. Keep in mind that this is a fake application and designed to trap the innocent computer users and take their money away. Even when you pay the fine, your computer will never be unlocked unless you don’t remove this virus completely.
The Manual Removal of BK LPD Virus
You can remove this tricky ransomware manually as well as automatically. We recommend the manual removal of this virus for the advanced level users, and for the novice users there are some powerful automatic tools available. The manual method steps are described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
In order to terminate the normal mode, you have to restart the computer, and while it is restarted, you should use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Once the boot options are accessed select the safe mode and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to remove the malicious processes associated with the BK LPD Virus by accessing the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed, you can see the list of all the running processes in your system under the processes tab. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Remove the following suspicious associated files of this ransomware by accessing the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\BK LPD virus.lnk
- %Programs%\BK LPD virus\BK LPD virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This ransomware cannot be removed completely unless you have not removed the modifications in the windows registry. In this regard, you can access the registry editor, by clicking the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following corrupt registry entries associated with this infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BK LPD virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BK LPD virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BK LPD virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BK LPD virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BK LPD virus\DisplayName BK LPD virus
Close down the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes you have made.