The Bizrate.com is one of the most dangerous virus of recent times that is created by the hackers to steal the money of the user by infecting the windows based computers. This malicious application sneaks into the system without the consent of the user. Often this dangerous virus is bundled with the free software, or shareware, and installed on the system without asking for the permission. Once installed, the Bizrate.com can create a number of privacy related issues as it always tries to steal the information from the infected system. Another function of this infection is, it can run annoying pop-up ads on the screen on the infected system which not only disturb your normal browsing but also stops you from performing the important tasks on the system. These ads are targeted to promote certain products by keeping in view your browsing history and shopping preferences that are recorded from your infected system.
The Manual Removal of Bizrate.com
Once it is obvious that the system is attacked by the Bizrate.com, you have to remove it without wasting the time. The first thing which you may want to know is how to remove this. In this regard, there are two different ways of removing this deadly dangerous infection. The automatic removal method is always easy for the new users, but if you want to try the manual removal, that is described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you have to reboot the computer in the safe mode. The safe mode can be accessed by restarting the computer and use F8 to see the list of boot options. You have to simply select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
After that, you have to kill the malicious processes associated with this virus. In this regard, you have to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab. Here you can see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. You have to find and delete the following processes related to this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next thing you need to do is, delete the following files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end do not forget to clean the windows registry with the help of the registry editor. You have to execute the “regedit” command from the run option available in the start menu to open the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bizrate\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bizrate\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bizrate\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bizrate\DisplayName Bizrate
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed this virus, and update the existing antivirus to run a complete system scan.